Labels

Friday 16 December 2011

Preliminary Task: Evaluation pt2

Throughout my prelimanary task I thought my team worked very well together, we did have some disagreements due to our different concerns that we had about certain things, but we did manage to work to together and overcome those issues. Overall i'd rate my team work 7/10. Being the camera person there were some issues I came across with how ceratin scenes should be filmed to create the right sense that we wanted the scene to have.
I contributed a fair amount to the task, I gave ideas about how I think the lighting and camerawork would have an effect on the film; i also managed to get one of the actors to participate. Out of 10 i'll rate my personal contribution 8.

After watching our final piece I've realised that I need to work on my camera work a bit, such as getting the characters in fully. I also acknowledged the fact that I zoomed in on one of the characters at the end which is what I wasn't supposed to. What I did do well on was contributing ideas, and I'll continue doing that for my next task.

We had to include 'The 180 degree rule' , 'Shot reverse shot' , and 'Match on action/continuity' in our film. We managed to include all three of the rules, I managed to film both 'the 180 degree rule' and the 'shot reverse shot' which I got whilst both characters were sitting across the table converstaing with one another. The 'match on action/continuity' got made whilst editing our final piece, we found this part quite difficult since we had to get the timing of the two seperate pieces just right, and the continuity was clear, but we managed to do it in the end and it came out very well.

There were some problems that we did come across with things such as lighting, filming and sound. The clock that is shown at the start of the film, both me and another member of my team had troubles trying to film it due to the reflection and the natural lighting, and there we had no choice but to use it due to our location. An issue that i had was I sometimes cut off the top part of the character's head because I was mostly concentrating ron getting the rules in rather than getting him fully in the footage, and another problem was at the end of the film I zoomed in on the character and had forgotten that we weren't supposed to do so. In one of the scenes as the actor gets up to leave and closes the door behind him, we can hear the screeching of the door which we weren't able to get rid of in the editing.

To conclude overall I think my team done a good, we were well organised we stuck to our scheduele and everything ran on time, the setting up and packing away went smoothly. We worked well when we had to edit our final piece, each one of us contributed an idea which helped to improve the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment